On this website you will find information about the lessons, treks and other services we have on offer, together with timetables, price guides, newsletters, Pony Club news, competition results and events calendar.
Riding is a fun and rewarding activity and horses are beautiful animals, but they are large and they can be unpredictable. Before you start riding, you need to understand that riding is a risk sport.
However, it need not be any more dangerous than another other risk sport when the rider takes all necessary precautions. Although it is impossible to eliminate all risks, by following these simple rules for horse riding safety the possibility of injury can be reduced.
PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO INSURANCE RESTRICTIONS WE ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE ANY SERVICES TO CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 5 YEARS.
- Riding hats/helmets MUST be worn at all times when riding or working with horses and are paramount to safety. The hat/helmet must conform to BSI standards and the chin strap must be secured. (We can provide hats to current BSI standards).
- Wear properly fitting footwear with a small heel to prevent your foot from slipping through the stirrup.
- NO flat soled shoes, high heeled shoes or trainers.
- Wear appropriate clothing – preferably close fitting, comfortable and stretchy. Absolutely nothing should flap about. No loose scarves, headphones or jewellery.
- DO NOT mount your horse until instructed to do so by a staff member.
- Please advise staff of any relevant medical complaint or condition.
- A Riding Client Registration and Acceptance Form must be completed before your first ride. Thereafter you must make us aware of any change in circumstances and amend the form accordingly.
- Clients who have never ridden with us before must complete a brief period of instruction/assessment prior to going out on a trek. This will form part of the overall trek time.
We make every effort to ensure that each client is allocated a suitable horse/pony. For that reason, we will ask for your height, weight and riding experience and ability at booking.
We recommend that clients have their own personal accident policy.
Please contact us if you have any questions or would like to go ahead and book.
We hope to see you soon.